so what is Pangulong Gloria Scholarships?
In line with the Economic Resiliency Program of Her Excellency President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, the Pangulong Gloria Scholarships provides FREE training, training support FUND, and FREE competency assessment to support job creation and job preservation.
my sister wanted to take culinary arts at a decent university but we all know that the tuition fee for that particular course is no joke. somebody told her that she could begin with the TESDA scholarships instead because they offer courses on both basic and advanced culinary arts and it’s all for FREE. walang babayarang mahal, scholarship nga e.
so she went to the municipality of caloocan a month ago and an old lady told her that this scholarship is for caloocan residents only which is actually NOT TRUE. if you happen to encounter somebody who tells you this, immediately look for someone else of higher position and inquire. my sister went back there just a couple of weeks ago and learned that this scholarship is OPEN TO ALL as long as they meet the following requirements:
1. at least 15 years old (OR highschool graduate);
2. has taken the national career assessment examination (NCAE) or has undergone / should take the youth profiling for starring careers (YP4SC);
3. be unemployed, underemployed, retrenched/displaced worker or returning overseas filipino worker (OFW)
actually, they just asked if she’s unemployed and if she graduated in high school. that’s it. they told her that she will be contacted when the next class for the course she signed up for is ready for the second batch because the first batch has just started on April.
what are the benefits of this scholarship?
1. free career profiling
2. free full cost of training
3. training support fund
4. free competency
5. employment referral
where to apply for this scholarship?
1. call the TESDA hotline at 887-7777 which is a 12/5 call center
2. text TESDA SMS to 0917-4794370 / 0918-2738232
3. send email to contactcenter @ tesda.gov.ph
4. visit the nearest TESDA regional/provincial/district offices, TESDA technology institutes, or any participating public and private Tek-Bok providers nationwide and partners industry/sector association and other bodies such as TUCP, BPAP, Philippine Automotive Federation, Inc. (PAFI), Association of Carriers and Equipment Lessors (ACEL), Monark, DM Consunji Construction Inc., SEIPI, among others.
to check the available courses, it is suggested that you inquire directly at one of their regional offices because their official website isn’t updated.